[alsa-devel] Help with midi player application

amidi at LEFerguson.com amidi at LEFerguson.com
Fri Feb 17 18:51:44 CET 2017

Bingo.  It was entirely that.  I tracked back through the changes and let's just say it got tangled up in some confusion I had earlier about how I was going to start a song in the middle.  The documentation is correct; at the time I conflated the "realtime" and "absolute" aspects.  I changed this, and never revisited the relative time flag..

I quite literally just changed it to absolute instead of relative and it started working.  Obviously it was rescheduling the longer pieces based on an advancing clock.  Short pieces were dumped into the queue all essentially at tick 0.  With each "inhale" the next inhale was further delayed.  Makes sense now.

Just need to clean up all the debugging and extra drains and such I put in.  :(

Thank  you very much.

Linwood

>amidi at LEFerguson.com wrote:
>> I took the technique from what pmidi did
>
>AFAICS pmidi uses absolute timestamps.

Hmmm.... Starting to doubt my memory now... I see it does use a 0 in that parameter.  Not sure where I got using relative.  Let me go back and review.  Maybe I am scheduling the math incorrectly.

Thank you for emphasizing that.  I could have sworn I copied it from pmidi, but I must have changed at some point for some reason.  Need to rethink it.

More to follow...

Linwood