[alsa-devel] Alsa-devel Digest, Vol 126, Issue 233

cuhl at eit.uni-kl.de cuhl at eit.uni-kl.de
Thu Aug 24 20:23:11 CEST 2017

Hello Clemens, hello Alsa Developers,

thank you for your interest and answer to my question.

Why is the behaviour hardware dependent?
As long as the I2S' are synced at the inputs of the SoC, are the relative
differences / phases preserved during processing and is this ensured?

I would like to use a device with multiple I2S-inputs and outputs, as far
as available and supported by the ALSA drivers.

Is this driver dependent? Are there drivers which take special effort to
preserve the relative position of channels?

Kind regards