[alsa-devel] Fixed latency between multiple channels

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Sun Aug 27 09:42:35 CEST 2017

cuhl at eit.uni-kl.de wrote:
> Why is the behaviour hardware dependent?

It depends on how many clocks and DMA engines are used, and if there are
multiple ones, if and how they are synchronized.

> As long as the I2S' are synced at the inputs of the SoC

What SoC?

If there is a single SoC, it's likely that all channels are indeed
synchonrized.

> I would like to use a device with multiple I2S-inputs and outputs

Why I²S?  Do you already have a SoC or a bunc of codecs that you want
to use?  What are your constraints?

Regards,
Clemens