[alsa-devel] snd_soc_set_dmi_name - Shouldn't it use SYS_VENDOR?

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Thu Apr 27 23:02:31 CEST 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Pierre-Louis Bossart
<pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> While in general DMI_SYS_VENDOR is commonly used, there are exceptions to
> the rule, such as the very machine I am working on at the moment which does
> have any useful DMI_SYS_VENDOR information (see below)
> Mengdong may be able to comment on why we took this direction.

In a DMI database of 113 PC models that we have worked with here:

112 have correct/meaningful sys_vendor, 1 is useless (To be filled by OEM)
106 have correct board_vendor, 7 have incorrect or useless values

And awkwardly the one system that I'd like to match in UCM rules here
has correct sys_vendor but bad board_vendor.

Daniel