[alsa-devel] MOTU Midi Express XT

holger at dehnhardt.org holger at dehnhardt.org
Thu Oct 27 21:11:09 CEST 2016

27. Oktober 2016 18:22 Uhr, holger at dehnhardt.org schrieb:

> 27. Oktober 2016 08:42 Uhr, "Clemens Ladisch" <clemens at ladisch.de> schrieb:
>
>> holger at dehnhardt.org wrote:
>>
>>> I own a MOTU Midi Express XT 8x8 interface which is connected through the parallel port. Recently
>>> I upgraded my system and the new motherboard does not have an ISA parallel port anymore...
>>> So I bought a PCI parallel port extension card
>>
>> Does it happen to have a name? Is it compatible with the ISA parallel port?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Clemens
>
> Ok, this is the lspci output for the card:
>
> 06:00.0 Parallel controller: MosChip Semiconductor Technology Ltd. Device 9900 (prog-if 03
> [IEEE1284])
> Subsystem: Device a000:2000
> Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
> I/O ports at b010 [size=8]
> I/O ports at b000 [size=8]
> Memory at fe201000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> Memory at fe200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
> Capabilities: [78] Power Management version 3
> Capabilities: [80] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
> Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
> Capabilities: [800] Advanced Error Reporting
>
> The card is the following:
> https://www.conrad.de/de/1-port-serielle-steckkarte-pcie-972542.html
>
> Can such a card be compatible with an ISA-Port?
>
> Holger

I made a new observation. When loading the driver the PC-port LED blinks. At line 339 function snd_mtpav_portscan some bytes are send to the device. This seems to work - which means the communication between the PC and the device seems to work.

But why is the driver loaded but not registered?

Holger