[alsa-devel] MOTU Midi Express XT

holger at dehnhardt.org holger at dehnhardt.org
Thu Oct 27 18:22:44 CEST 2016

27. Oktober 2016 08:42 Uhr, "Clemens Ladisch" <clemens at ladisch.de> schrieb:
> holger at dehnhardt.org wrote:
>
>> I own a MOTU Midi Express XT 8x8 interface which is connected through the parallel port. Recently
>> I upgraded my system and the new motherboard does not have an ISA parallel port anymore...
>> So I bought a PCI parallel port extension card
>
> Does it happen to have a name? Is it compatible with the ISA parallel port?
>
> Regards,
> Clemens

Ok, this is the lspci output for the card:

06:00.0 Parallel controller: MosChip Semiconductor Technology Ltd. Device 9900 (prog-if 03 [IEEE1284])
        Subsystem: Device a000:2000
        I/O ports at b010 [size=8]
        I/O ports at b000 [size=8]
        Memory at fe201000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Memory at fe200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [80] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
        Capabilities: [800] Advanced Error Reporting

The card is the following:
https://www.conrad.de/de/1-port-serielle-steckkarte-pcie-972542.html

Can such a card be compatible with an ISA-Port?

Holger