[alsa-devel] WM5102 - Help to make baytrail machine driver work

Charles Keepax ckeepax at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Sun May 15 12:13:08 CEST 2016

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 08:14:57PM -0300, Paulo Sergio wrote:
> Hi Charles,

> >> We tried, but unfortunatelly no tone when hooking the tone generator.
> >> Saved dmesg, logcat and alsa_amixer output in case you want to take a look [2]
> >
> > Hmm... that is really odd, I would very much have expected that
> > to work or the FLL to have given us a lock timed out error, which
> > it didn't appear to be from your log.
> >
> > Could perhaps send through a register dump of the CODEC whilst in
> > this state? You can do this through the regmap debugfs it would
> > be good to turn cache_bypass on as well whilst doing it to make
> > sure we capture the actual hardware status.
>
> Here's the link for info collected [1]. Got info from the following
> files while attempting to play audio, with cache_bypass set to "Y"
> and with 'HPOUT1R Input 1' hooked to 'Tone Generator 1':
>
> name
> registers
> access
> range
> rbtree
>
> Thanks again for your help!
>
> [1] - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxO6THtB865fSUZ3MDdFYktHanc&usp=sharing

That is a bit of a head scratcher, everything looks setup
correctly in the register map, tone gen goes to the output
everything is unmuted, everything is turned on. Even the IRQ
registers definitely show that the FLL locked. I can only really
think of a couple of options:

1) Probably the most likely option is that the clock to the FLL
is being removed before you are setting up your route. Probably a
reasonable thing to do next for test purposes would be to change
the machine driver to use the 32k clock that should be on MCLK2
incase the high quality clock on MCLK1 is being removed and then
try again.

2) HPOUT1 is not the headphones, but this is exceptionally
unlikely but you could try the other HPOUT's just in case.

Thanks,
Charles