[alsa-devel] v1.1.2 release?

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Tue Jul 26 09:07:43 CEST 2016

Hi Jaroslav and Iwai-san,

On Jul 26 2016 15:57, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Dne 25.7.2016 v 11:58 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):
>> Hi Jaroslav,
>>
>> shall we release v1.1.2 along with 4.7 kernel?  We've got already a
>> bunch of changes in alsa-lib and co.
>
> Hi,
>
>    yes, I plan to prepare the new release this week.

In this release, I added five APIs newly:
  * snd_ctl_elem_info_set_dimension()
  * snd_ctl_add_integer_elem_set()
  * snd_ctl_add_integer64_elem_set()
  * snd_ctl_add_boolean_elem_set()
  * snd_ctl_add_enumerated_elem_set()
  * snd_ctl_add_bytes_elem_set()

In this case, on usual way to maintain library, as long as I know, minor
version is going to be incremented, instead of micro version. In short,
to v1.2.0.

But I committed assuming v1.1.2. For example:
http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=blob;f=src/control/control.c;h=6c00b8e50d2be78f9c5e93322b8e8b107ff8c442;hb=HEAD#l2533

If it's going to be versioned to v1.2.0, please tell it to me. I'll post
a patch to fix my commits in time of your release work.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto