[alsa-devel] ALSA: bebob: Could I still put some patches to 4.5-rc1?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Jan 18 07:30:39 CET 2016

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 03:26:03 +0100,
Takashi Sakamoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently I got a help to add support of a new model into ALSA BeBoB driver.
> http://sourceforge.net/p/ffado/mailman/ffado-devel/thread/CAKKsO5CYHVRvgo6AV%3D%3DZRJ2it53cF7UGHnnDyCLZY_jzJYHpSA%40mail.gmail.com/#msg34751986
>
> I've already created the patch candidate and users test them.
> https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve/tree/soundcraft
>
> If the test finished in a few days, could I put them to 4.5-rc1 or not
> in time?

In general, the development phase is already over when a merge window
is opened.  That means, only fix patches should be merged after that.
As a rule of thumb, I'd take patches to stable kernels at any time,
but the rest depends on urgency (or it has been already submitted /
reviewed but I forgot to merge, etc).

thanks,