[alsa-devel] bytcr_rt5651 on wintron 7.0

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 1 15:59:37 CET 2016

On 01/31/2016 07:51 AM, Tobias Mädel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we're currently trying to get the new bytcr_rt5651 driver to run on a
> TrekStor SurfTab wintron 7.0 (x86 tablet).
>
> Unlike the previous driver for the rt5640 chipset, the new bytcr_rt5651
> driver actually detects the card out-of-the-box.

Good to know.

> This is the dmesg output on the device:
> bytcr_rt5651: snd-soc-dummy-dai <-> media-cpu-dai mapping ok
> bytcr_rt5651: snd-soc-dummy-dai <-> deepbuffer-cpu-dai mapping ok
> bytcr_rt5651: Invalid direction for compress P 0, C 0
> bytcr_rt5651: ASoC: can't create compress Compress
> bytcr_rt5651: ASoC: failed to instantiate card -22
> bytcr_rt5651: devm_snd_soc_register_card failed -22
> bytcr_rt5651: probe of bytcr_rt5651 failed with error -22
>
> So -- apparently it is successfully initializing 2 of the DAIs, but it
> can't find the Compress-DAI. My first guess would just be to try and
> disable the Compress DAI in the code just for debugging, but I'm sure
> that there's a better way.
>
> I'm running a bleeding edge kernel build from the main linux git tree,
> build from yesterday's github.com/torvalds/linux.git repo.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get alsa to detect the card properly?
>
> Here's the complete dmesg output:
> https://gist.github.com/Manawyrm/70d90e95e9c578a7fb26

This is weird. I checked the DSDT tables and couldn't see anything blatantly wrong.
If there was a problem with the compress DAI it would show on other platforms as well.
It could also be a configuration issue with bad controls, I put my UCM configuration on github plbosssart/UCM/, you may want to look into this as well.
-Pierre