[alsa-devel] Noise in tlv320aic3104-based audio system

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Oct 30 01:53:20 CET 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 05:38:03PM -0700, Rick Mann wrote:
> ... Is there a way to generate a default asound.state file? For
> example, if I delete the file altogether, and then reboot, reload my
> Device Tree Overlay, and then issue alsactl store, will it create a
> "clean" asound file with just the right controls (with defaults)?

Yes, that's the way it is usually done; delete the file, somehow avoid
it being written on shutdown, then on next boot whatever the driver
and hardware has as a default will be used.  Many drivers will use
what the hardware has in registers.  If the system firmware hasn't
touched those registers, then you should have chip reset values.  If
the chip is specified without reset values, you'll have unpredictable
values.  Exciting times ensue.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/