[alsa-devel] Getting ICS43432 MEMS mic working with TMS320DM365 processor

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Tue Oct 20 17:05:12 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015, Ankhit Vivekananda wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have configured the TM320DM365 McBSP with clock and frame synchronization
> signals. Also see the ICS43432 MIC serial data on the oscilloscope, but do
> not get the right output in my application.
>
> I have mapped the DaVinci McBSP with the CQ0093VC audio codec driver.
> Is this mapping correct or is it necessary to map the McBSP with ICS-43432
> codec driver?
> Since, I have not applied the patch, I have used CQ0093VC codec driver.
>
> Please do let me know if the ICS-43432 patch really necessary for the MIC
> to work.

Are you using the CQ0093VC driver to communicate with the ICS-43432, but
no actual CQ0093VC codec then?

That won't work. The ICS-43432 basically uses 64 bits per frame, with 24
valid bits per channel, i.e. S24_LE or S32, whereas the CQ0093VC seems to
only support the U8 or S16_LE formats.

There might be another codec driver which is more suitable, but it makes
the most sense to use the ICS-43432 driver as it is intended for the
hardware in question.

/Ricard