[alsa-devel] BugReport: Dice works partially [Broken]

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Mon May 11 03:42:04 CEST 2015

Hi,

To reveal what causes this issue, please post following test and the
outputs. The test consists of 8 steps.

0. Plug-out your DesktopKonnect6.

1. To prevent snd_dice from auto-loading, add an entry to configuration
file. See:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_modules#Blacklisting

Perhaps:
$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
blacklist snd_dice

2. Reboot your system and confirm that snd_dice is not auto-loaded.

$ lsmod | grep snd_dice
(nothing)

3. Plug-in your DesktopKonnect6.

4. Wait one minute without do things
(I expect several bus reset occurs in IEEE 1394 bus then the bus becomes
calm.)

5. Load snd_dice and check it
$ modprobe snd_dice
$ lsmod | grep snd_dice
snd_dice (you may see.)

6. Dump module information
$ cat /proc/asound/DesktopKonnekt6/dice
...(outputs)...

7. Try your playback test.

8. get logs from pulseaudio via journalctl or the other tools.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto