[alsa-devel] BugReport: Dice works partially [Broken]

Stanislav Sergiienko pythonpowerd at gmail.com
Mon May 11 00:10:04 CEST 2015

> Any error messages in the system log?

The problem is that i couldn't find any significant errors. All i was
able to gather is:

journalctl:
апр 13 13:47:56 ArchLinux pulseaudio[2115]: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon
already running.
апр 13 13:48:03 ArchLinux pulseaudio[2098]: [alsa-sink-DICE]
alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but
there was actually nothing to write!
апр 13 13:48:03 ArchLinux pulseaudio[2098]: [alsa-sink-DICE]
alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_dice'.
Please report this issue to the ALSA developers.
апр 13 13:48:03 ArchLinux pulseaudio[2098]: [alsa-sink-DICE]
alsa-sink.c: We were woken up with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent
snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or another value < min_avail.

Sometimes see this:
май 03 17:30:27 ArchLinux pulseaudio[657]: [alsa-sink-DICE]
alsa-sink.c: Resume failed, couldn't restore original sample settings.

Sometimes after play failed i see in sysnotification area:
"DesktopKonnect6 don't work, 'Default' will be used"

In dmesg i see no errors.

> What exactly happens when it cannot play sound?

No errors. It's just don't play anything. For example, for video,
various players handle it differently - some are just play video
without any sound, some can't play video at all(stops play on first
frame).

> What exactly happens when it "breaks"?

Almost nothing, sometimes i can hear that music breaks with some kind
of "click-sound", like someone pulled the wire from my loudspeakers.
But this sound is barely noticeable.
If i try to play file again i hear some kind of "initialization
sound", like when device open on PC boot.
It's hard to describe it in my English :)

If you send me info about how to gather more detailed logs, i try do this.
P.S. Sorry for long time to answer.