[alsa-devel] Intel HDA & Realtek issues on ASUS G751JM

Nicolae Rosia nicolae.rosia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:22:40 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 5:34 AM, Raymond Yau
<superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you mean hdajackretask cannot shutdown pulseaudio or you still have other
> applicaion using the sound card which prevent dynamic reconfiguration of
> snd-hda-intel ?

I was testing using a browser on a youtube video. When I apply the
changes, I lose the sound (pulseaudio gets killed), that message
appears and I have to refresh the page to get sound again - but
nothing changes.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=82a057b76a781edb53217b2cc096bce35459ab0a

> Which node is the headphone spdif combo jack ?

Using hdajacksensetest I found out the mapping:
SPDIF port (jack 1): Pin 0x16 (Green Line Out, Rear side)
jack 2: Pin 0x18 (Green Line Out, Rear side)
jack 3: Pin 0x15 (Green Line Out, Rear side)

> Do both headphone jacks have headphone , headset  or line out icon ?
You can see the icons here [0] at page 20

> Do you mean switch to 5.1 profile in sound preference is not enough ?
By listening on Youtube I can't hear the center and subwoofer without
modifying the pulseaudio conf

[0] http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G751JM/0409_E9481.pdf?_ga=1.206896403.1230956712.1434110719