[alsa-devel] Intel HDA & Realtek issues on ASUS G751JM

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 04:34:41 CEST 2015

> Thank you very much!
> I have compiled hdajacksensetest from source and found out that one
> pin was marked as Not connected even though it was present, and
> another one was marked as Microphone.
> I have used hdajackretask to force the retask at boot time (it didn't
> work at runtime - it always displays tee:
> /sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/reconfig: Device or resource busy) and now it
> looks like this:

Do you mean hdajackretask cannot shutdown pulseaudio or you still have
other applicaion using the sound card which prevent dynamic reconfiguration
of snd-hda-intel ?

> ./hdajacksensetest -c 1 -a
> Pin 0x12 (Internal Mic): present = No
> Pin 0x14 (Internal Speaker): present = No
> Pin 0x15 (Green Line Out, Rear side): present = Yes
> Pin 0x16 (Green Line Out, Rear side): present = Yes
> Pin 0x18 (Green Line Out, Rear side): present = Yes
> Pin 0x19 (Not connected): present = No
> Pin 0x1a (Internal Speaker): present = No
> Pin 0x1b (Not connected): present = No
> Pin 0x1d (Not connected): present = No
> Pin 0x1e (Internal SPDIF Out): present = No
> Pin 0x1f (Not connected): present = No

Can you post the output of alsa-info.sh after you patched the line out
jacks ?

Which node is the headphone spdif combo jack ?

Do both headphone jacks have headphone , headset  or line out icon ?

The normal fix is to add back the missing headphone jacks

> After this, I have modified the pulseaudio config,
> /etc/pulse/daemon.conf, by adding the following:
> default-sample-channels = 6
> enable-lfe-remixing = yes
> and 5.1 works!
>
> How can we fix this for other owners?

Do you mean switch to 5.1 profile in sound preference is not enough ?