[alsa-devel] [ALC668]: Asus N751JK - Incorrect default pin assignment for external base speaker and external microphone not working

Arthur Borsboom arthurborsboom at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:57:06 CEST 2015

Alsa-info patched kernel:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=cd23a3f0bb72e38d73224620e3e8ab57a73aa441

Chmap results:

Type = FIXED, Channels = 2
  FL FR
Type = FIXED, Channels = 4
  FL FR NA LFE

When unplugging the subwoofer, then chmap gives this and stays like this.

Cannot open PCM stream hw:1 for PLAYBACK

[Pavucontrol] -> [Configuration] -> [Built-in Audio] gives

Analog Stereo Duplex
Analog Stereo Output
Analog Surround 2.1 Output + Analog Stereo Input
Analog Surround 2.1 Output
Analog Surround 4.0 Output + Analog Stereo Input
Analog Surround 4.0 Output
Analog Stereo Input
Off

Pulseaudio verbose log while plugging in the subwoofer:
http://pastebin.com/Ya5u1qz6

--
Arthur Borsboom
Lieven de Keystraat 77
Email: arthurborsboom at gmail.com
Skype: Arthur Borsboom, The Hague, The Netherlands

[image: View Arthur's LinkedIn profile]
<http://uk.linkedin.com/in/arthurborsboom>

--
Arthur Borsboom