[alsa-devel] [ALC668]: Asus N751JK - Incorrect default pin assignment for external base speaker and external microphone not working

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:24:24 CEST 2015

> Honestly some of the Alsa code talk is a bit over my head, so maybe I
should just stick to providing PCI/Vendor ID's and test results. :)

> RY> How do you test ? Using sound preference or alsa speaker-test
>
> I apply some of your code by retyping this into the mainline kernel
4.2-rc1 code, compile and install the kernel, and then test the audio.
> The subwoofer I test by playing music with my music player, Audacious.
> When testing different configurations and output profiles I use
pavucontrol.
> For testing the microphone, I open pavucontrol, switch the input source
between Internal Microphone and Microphone and look at the volumebar to see
if the microphone works fine.

> Do you have suggestions how to apply and test the provided patches?

you have to provide alsa-info of patched driver

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=blob;f=test/chmap.c;hb=HEAD

./chmap -Dhw:0 query

Do chmap show the stereo and 2.1 channel map ?

the "External Subwoofer Jack" detect kctl should return true when you plug
the Sonic Master Subwoofer and false when you unplug

after you add analog-output-subwoofer.conf and replace the output path
analog-output-lineout and analog-output-speaker in 2.1 profiles in
profile-sets/default.conf

You have to provide pulseaudio verbsose log if pulseaudio did not
automatically switch to 2.1 profile

The dirty workaround for the headset mic when your codec cannot distinguish
headphone and headset but you use only headset

Change the headset.conf to use jsck headphone instead of headset mic jack

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/plain/src/modules/alsa/mixer/paths/analog-input-headset-mic.conf

-[Jack Headset Mic]
-required-any = any

-[Jack Headset Mic Phantom]