[alsa-devel] [REANNOUNCE] Audio Mini Summit 2015, 8th October, Dublin

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at intel.com
Sat Jul 18 19:07:17 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 04:03:52PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> Like previous years, we're going to hold a meeting to discuss
> lowlevel audio on Linux.  This will be held the day after ELC Europe on
> 8th October at CCD (The Convention Centre) in Dublin.
>
> If you're interested please sign up in the attendee list:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bi-8GHsqlzt41FR20WiMuWILe_cZowFireVMBd-QM8Q/edit?usp=sharing
>
> and please follow up to this mail with any topics you'd like to see
> raised so we can start collecting them (probably another Google doc will
> be forthcoming for them).
>
> Previously suggested topics include:
>
>  - Reducing kernel size for IoT applications
>  - ACPI simple-card
>  - Testing tools
I would like to have following added as well

- Recent & ongoing HDA restructuring. Hopefully by that time we should have
  all the pieces sorted out and shipping systems. So a good discussion and
  feedback...
- HDMI interfaces, maybe we can get someone from gfx side as well. Recently
  [1] we discussed additional interfaces to make things robust
- Topology.
- PCM core. What can we do to simplify this code which seems very scary :)

Also I have not seen much traction on this and last announcement, so I took the
liberty to CC attendees from last year

[1]: http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2015-July/095092.html

Thanks
--