[alsa-devel] HDMI hotplug on Skylake when power well is off

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jul 16 15:37:07 CEST 2015

On 2015-07-16 14:21, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:35:14 +0200,
> Vinod Koul wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 12:06:51PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> Yes.  This was supposed to work with WAKEEN bits, but this didn't work
>>> as expected, after all.

But this applies only to HDMI codecs and the power well, right? Analog
controllers could go into D3 and WAKEEN would wake them up? Or did we
never get that working either?

Anyhow, I went searching in the video drivers for things to match on,
inspired by your thoughts about submitting information from the graphics
driver to the audio driver. See new attached patch (still writing blind
drafts). Let me know what you think.

I think "connector->name" seems what the most reasonable thing to export
to userspace to indicate what gfx output is related to which audio nid,
and the port being what maps 1-to-1 to a nid - we'll use that for our
own lookup (this lookup might differ between hardware generations).

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic