[alsa-devel] About iMX6SL AUDMUX (port 7) and SSI3

Nicolin Chen nicoleotsuka at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 07:28:25 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 08:15:25PM +0800, Xuebing Wang wrote:

> Thanks. I am trying routing aud3 to internal ssi2. Thus in my case: int_port
> = 2, ext_port = 3, right? Of course, there are int_port-- and ext_port --.

As the port numbers come from Device Tree which is hardware description
so it must match the index from hardware Reference Manual. You don't
need to worry about unless there's a bug.

> As I am using I2S master mode (ssi2 generates both bit clock and frame sync,
> thus (dai_fmt & MASK) == SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CBM_CFM. According to iMX6SL

CBM_CFM stands for CODEC Bit Clock Master and CODEC Frame Sync Clock Master.
So what you need is the opposite -- SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CBS_CFS.

Nicolin