[alsa-devel] Intel HDA / ALC662 analog surround problem

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 05:46:34 CET 2015

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/plain/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Controls.txt
> > Channel Mode
> >   [...]
>
> I know this document and while I do have the auto-mute control a channel
> control is missing.
>
> So, is the ALC662 supposed to have a channel control? (Maybe I'm missing a
> kernel configuration for it, or what else could affect it?)

You have to post the output of alsa-info.sh

The channel mode should be automatically added for those desktop with three
audio jacks (green line out, blue line in and pink mic) at rear panel

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/plain/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

either your computer BIOS does not set the correct pin default or it can be
disabled by hint

- multi_io (bool): try probing multi-I/O config (e.g. shared
  line-in/surround, mic/clfe jacks)