[alsa-devel] Intel HDA / ALC662 analog surround problem

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Mon Feb 23 20:27:52 CET 2015

Raymond Yau wrote on Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:56:30 +0800:

>> 1) Does 5.1 analog surround work for the ALC662? If yes, how?

> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/plain/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Controls.txt
> Channel Mode
>   [...]

I know this document and while I do have the auto-mute control a channel
control is missing.

So, is the ALC662 supposed to have a channel control? (Maybe I'm missing a
kernel configuration for it, or what else could affect it?)

> Do "pcm playback volume" affect the volume after you change channel mode
> from 2ch to 6 ch so that mic and line in jacks are retasked as output ?

I can't answer, because of the lack of channel mode.

Any further help is appreciated.

Ingo