[alsa-devel] Alsa Driver Scarlett

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Thu Sep 18 18:07:46 CEST 2014

Hi,

> > Orm Finnendahl <orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> wrote:
> >> Am Dienstag, den 16. September 2014 um 15:22:27 Uhr (+0200) schrieb
Johannes Kroll:

> >> The patch still works on our recent kernels (we are on debian testing
> >> with a 3.14-2 kernel), atm there is no porting necessary. I can also
> >> confirm that the driver has no known issues on our systems (we use a
> >> couple of Scarlett 18i20 in different configurations). It would be
> >> great, though if the patch could get integrated into alsa. At the
> >> moment it is quite painful for our students with linux laptops as they
> >> have to reapply the patch on every upgrade.
> >
> > Oh, I see. I'm all for integrating this patch into mainline. But I have
> > never done such a thing, so I don't know how much effort it would be. I
> > guess it would be a simple thing to do for a routine Alsa developer.
> > Anyone? :]

just joined this mailing list yesterday for exactly the same reason: Bought an
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, and while it works with jack, it doesn't show up in
the alsa mixer. As I understand, this patch should also work better for the
6i6, so I'd also very much appreciate getting this patch into the kernel.

If you need a tester for the 6i6 device, I'd happily try a patch.

Greetings,
Dominik