[alsa-devel] Alsa Driver Scarlett

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Sep 18 14:29:15 CEST 2014

Hi Tobias,

I believe you are the author of the repository at
https://github.com/smilingthax/alsa-driver_scarlett.

Your Scarlett driver is reported to be working fine, and there are some
requests (see below) to get the driver into mainline Linux. Is this
something you would be interested in helping out with?

Regards,
   David

On 2014-09-16 16:10, Johannes Kroll wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:49:25 +0200
> Orm Finnendahl <orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> wrote:
>
>> Am Dienstag, den 16. September 2014 um 15:22:27 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Johannes Kroll:
>>>
>>> I guess I'll need to find the time to port the patch to a recent kernel
>>> when I upgrade, unless someone else does it first.
>>
>> The patch still works on our recent kernels (we are on debian testing
>> with a 3.14-2 kernel), atm there is no porting necessary. I can also
>> confirm that the driver has no known issues on our systems (we use a
>> couple of Scarlett 18i20 in different configurations). It would be
>> great, though if the patch could get integrated into alsa. At the
>> moment it is quite painful for our students with linux laptops as they
>> have to reapply the patch on every upgrade.
>
> Oh, I see. I'm all for integrating this patch into mainline. But I have
> never done such a thing, so I don't know how much effort it would be. I
> guess it would be a simple thing to do for a routine Alsa developer.
> Anyone? :]

David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic