[alsa-devel] Help Adjusting HDA HDMI settings

bencoxdev at gmail.com bencoxdev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:56:32 CEST 2014

Hi Clemens,
            Thanks for the reply.

    The surround 5.1 is already decoded. So I am actually trying to send 6 channels of PCM sound, i.e.the 6 channels of surround 5.1, to the HDMI port and then on to the the display device (TV, monitor, projector etc.). The manufacture of the propriety box says it can do this. I have the source code of the manufactures 2 channel PCM driver and need pointers on how to alter it to send the six channels required.

    Unfortunately I can’t tell you much more about the propriety box as I’m under an NDA preventing me from doing so.

    Any help you could supply would be much appreciated, thanks.

Regards
Ben