[alsa-devel] Donation of ARM CubieTruck to anyone interested in developing

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:17:26 CEST 2014

My name is Alexey, and I'm interested in having ARM CubieTruck
hardware well supported by desktop (KDE) use.

CubieTruck is an ARM mini-PC aka "Liliputer", based on AllWinner A20
SoC + 2 GB RAM + 8 GB flash + VGA (!) port + SATA + Ethernet + WiFi,
making it good enough for a real Debian desktop.

My goal: It should have a working 2D, HD Video and 3D graphics as well
as audio and networking.

Some open-source drivers exist:
*2D - xf86-video-fbturbo - link: https://github.com/ssvb/xf86-video-fbturbo
*Hardware Video Decoder - "CedarX" link:
http://linux-sunxi.org/Reverse_Engineering/Cedar_Status (should play
H.264 and WebM/VP8 Full HD 1080p video)
*3D - open-source Lima or closed-source Mali drivers.

WiFi + Bluetooth - status unknown. (WiFi firmware is probably closed source)

If you can - please help stabilize those experimental drivers,
especially sound driver is semi-broken.

I can donate one ARM CubieTruck sample to interested people. You'll
need a proof of past patches to any open-source project or community

-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov". Open-source community member. Israel.