[alsa-devel] Fwd: Re: No sound for a rather old laptop (ALC260).

Fidel Leon Martin fidelleon at mykolab.com
Mon May 26 17:17:06 CEST 2014

On Monday 26 May 2014 16:31:25 you wrote:
> At Mon, 26 May 2014 16:11:35 +0200,
>
> Fidel Leon Martin wrote:
> > Hello, list. Is there any way to know if this support request has been
> > taken by anyone...?
>
> There is no such a thing like "support request" on the ML...

s/support request/bug report/, sorry O:-)

> > Attached are alsa-infos from kernel 2.6 (which works) and 3.14 (Fedora 20,
> > which doesnt work).
>
> Looking at the alsa-info.sh output on 3.14, the node 0x0f has a
> strange control value 0x80.  This should be usually 0xc0, and testing
> with the emulator, it give this value at all.
>
> What if you give model=nofixup option to snd-hda-intel module?

/etc/modprobe.d/alc260.conf:
options snd-hda-intel model=nofixup

Rebooted but seems to make little difference. Cranked every slider from
Alsamixer an pavucontrol to maximum. No output from speakers and a very low
volume output in the S/PDIF output.

And now, to increase my dumb reputation, I'm not running 3.14 kernel (neither
Fedora) anymore - I'm using Lubuntu 14.04 - so I'm attaching alsa-info.sh log
for new setup.

--
Fidel Leon
fidelleon at mykolab.com