[alsa-devel] Fwd: Re: No sound for a rather old laptop (ALC260).

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 26 16:31:25 CEST 2014

At Mon, 26 May 2014 16:11:35 +0200,
Fidel Leon Martin wrote:

> Hello, list. Is there any way to know if this support request has been taken
> by anyone...?

There is no such a thing like "support request" on the ML...

> Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] No sound for a rather old laptop (ALC260).
> Date: Tuesday 06 May 2014, 16:40:56
> From: Fidel Leon <fidelleon at mykolab.com>
> To: Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>, alsa-devel at alsa-project.org
>
> On Tuesday 06 May 2014 11:27:07 you wrote:
> > At Mon, 05 May 2014 16:34:38 +0200,
> >
> > Fidel Leon wrote:
> > > I own a rather old laptop which features a snd_hda_intel soundcard, with a
> > > ALC260 chipset.
> > >
> > > I know it works when using rather old kernels (Debian 7, for example), and
> > >
> > > I already have an alsa-info.txt file to debug, may I post it here?
> >
> > Please attach in your post.  (But maybe better to compress so that it
> > won't hit the max size of ML.)  Also, at best, take alsa-info.sh from
> > the working state with the old kernel, so that we can compare
> > directly.
>
> Many thanks, Takashi.
>
> I've tested a Debian 6 live image and my soundcard runs fine, so I can tell my
> soundcard works.
>
> Attached are alsa-infos from kernel 2.6 (which works) and 3.14 (Fedora 20,
> which doesnt work).

Looking at the alsa-info.sh output on 3.14, the node 0x0f has a
strange control value 0x80.  This should be usually 0xc0, and testing
with the emulator, it give this value at all.

What if you give model=nofixup option to snd-hda-intel module?