[alsa-devel] Low volume ad1983

sam chan schan at cs.ucr.edu
Thu Mar 13 18:48:08 CET 2014

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> The channel map specifies which channel goes to which
>>> physical output.

ok.  i thought the values were a range, because the
controls makes it look like that.  maybe these ought
to be changed.

>>> That is pretty low.

i just use the Master switch as my main volume control.
i have PCM and other switches at 0 dB.

just to clarify the problem, it's not that i can't get
it loud enough.  it's that it's relatively quite low
compared to Windows.  in Windows, i barely have to up
the volume to get the same audible level.  the speakers'
physical nob is the same for both instances.

>>> Why is this enabled?
>>
>> seem driver bug
>
> Not really.

apparently, this is the only way i can get the Mic to
work for capture/recording.  but this a seperate issue.

thanks,
sam