[alsa-devel] Low volume ad1983

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 06:14:29 CET 2014

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
>  At Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:20:46 +0800,
>> Raymond Yau wrote:

>>>  The channel map specifies which channel goes to which
>>>>

> ok.  i thought the values were a range, because the
> controls makes it look like that.  maybe these ought
> to be changed.
>

>  my alsa-info...
>>>>>

>>>  Simple mixer control 'Master',0
>>>>>

>>>  That is pretty low.
>>>>

> i just use the Master switch as my main volume control.
> i have PCM and other switches at 0 dB.
>
> just to clarify the problem, it's not that i can't get
> it loud enough.  it's that it's relatively quite low
> compared to Windows.  in Windows, i barely have to up
> the volume to get the same audible level.  the speakers'
> physical nob is the same for both instances.

Node 0x11 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x30010d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x17, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x17 0x17]
  Connection: 1
     0x03

when loopback mixing is enabled, the current driver remove the previous
"PCM playback volume" and set the amp at 0dB which is 12 dB lower than the
previous version