[alsa-devel] Zoom R16

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Mar 11 16:32:54 CET 2014

At Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:16:04 -0400,
Jason Mancine wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2014 9:40 AM, "Takashi Iwai" <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> >

> > And are you sure that you patched correctly?  For example, if you
> > change the available rates in addition, does the patched kernel also
> > show the same change?
> >

> > Takashi
>
> Just verified only 96000 shows as available when I omit the other rates
> from the quirk.

Then try to add more format bits there and see whether the proc file
shows them, too.  If the proc file doesn't show, debug why it doesn't
do so.  The proc output (in proc__dump_substream_formats()) is
basically a collection of audioformat list, which is added directly by
create_fixed_stream_quirk().

At this moment, it doesn't matter what jack shows.  The only thing to
be checked is whether the driver takes the value as is or not.

> FWIW, other users at linux audio forum are seeing the same result of ending
> up with S32_LE regardless of .formats setting.

Do you mean in proc or jack output?

> But with capture working, wondering if it is possible that the S32_LE is
> indeed the correct format, and the playback problem is something else...

Possibly.  But you must figure out what you're debugging at first.

Takashi