[alsa-devel] Wandboard Quad - SPDIF issue, no sound

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Thu Jun 26 21:07:57 CEST 2014

   Hi Mike, I just saw this after I sent my other e-mail.

> The volatges match the spec sheets, i.e. 5v for the Cubietruck and 3.3v
> for the Wandboard at VCC whether audio is playing or not.

   Yes, this might be the issue.

> So unless both my receivers have a problem with only 3.3v I'm at a loss.
> I can't find anything on the limited specs for the receivers relating to
> this.

   I think you can just test your receiver(s) with another 3.3v source
and if you see the same problem then they probably need 5v levels.

> I guess I'll just sideline the Wandboards and use proper kit instead.

   If it turns out that the voltage level is really the problem and
you need to use those receivers I guess this would be the case. I
am not electrical but you might be able to build a small adaptor to
change the voltage levels on the spdif output. This would be another
solution.

   Regards

   Sinan Akman