[alsa-devel] Wandboard Quad - SPDIF issue, no sound

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Thu Jun 26 20:56:26 CEST 2014

   Hi Mike

> One obvious difference is that the Wandboard uses 'snd-soc-dummy-dai'.

   What does the other board show ?

> I'll get a scope on the job this evening, is there anything inparticular
> I should be looking for?

   I am not an expert on spdif electrical levels but at one one point
I was explained that professional grade cd players might have
higher signal level (as I was using spdif as input). So perhaps
you can compare the signal levels of the two different boards and
see if there is a visible difference there.

   Also, I don't read the mailing list regularly so you might want
to cc your replies to me if you want me see them sooner.

   Hope this helps

   Sinan Akman