[alsa-devel] CA0132 6 Channel Output

Sean McCully sean_mccully at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 03:34:21 CET 2014

I have  one of these sound cards that came with my motherboard,

/http://www.asrock.com/microsite/intelx79/GameBlaster.html/[1]

Two Channel Output from one audio Jack works perfectly, but there seems to be a
problem with using the additional audio jacks for 6 channel "surround sound".

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=a8ae0aa3c0da4d697c1df5f403001dff50bb6e51

 pasuspender -- speaker-test --channels=6 --device=surround51:0

speaker-test 1.0.27.2

Playback device is surround51:0
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 6 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
Channels count (6) not available for playbacks: Invalid argument
Setting of hwparams failed: Invalid argument

$ aplay -L
null
oss
    Open Sound System