[alsa-devel] CA0132 6 Channel Output

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 06:34:33 CET 2014

2014-2-26 上午10:35 於 "Sean McCully" <sean_mccully at yahoo.com> 寫道:

> I have  one of these sound cards that came with my motherboard,
>
> /http://www.asrock.com/microsite/intelx79/GameBlaster.html/[1]
>

> Two Channel Output from one audio Jack works perfectly, but there seems
to be a
> problem with using the additional audio jacks for 6 channel "surround
sound".

> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=a8ae0aa3c0da4d697c1df5f403001dff50bb6e51
>

>  pasuspender -- speaker-test --channels=6 --device=surround51:0
>
> speaker-test 1.0.27.2
>
> Playback device is surround51:0
> Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 6 channels
> Using 16 octaves of pink noise
> Channels count (6) not available for playbacks: Invalid argument
> Setting of hwparams failed: Invalid argument

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound?id=825315bc5b5c33e5af5124ff100ef05a30ad722f

when driver use ca0132_setup_stream instead of
snd_hda_multi_out_analog_open , multi channel support is lost if
ca0132_playback_pcm_prepare only use one dac

ca0132_setup_stream(codec, spec->dacs[0], stream_tag, 0, format);