[alsa-devel] [Patch v2 02/11] ASoC: qcom: Add device tree binding docs

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Dec 11 14:15:52 CET 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:23:55AM -0800, Kenneth Westfield wrote:
> On Tue, December 9, 2014 7:37 am, Mark Brown wrote:

> > Please don't send multiple separate changes in a single patch.  One change per patch.

Please fix your mail client to both word wrap within paragraphs and
avoid corrupting the mails you're replying to.  As things stand your
messages are excessively hard to read.

> In an effort to reduce the number of patches, would it be possible to package the DT doc with its
> respective driver in one patch?  Or does the DT doc need to be in a patch by itself?  I've seen
> examples of both.

You're supposed to send the documentation in a separate patch.

> Also, I will combine the partial addition of each driver to its respective Kconfig/Makefile
> entries.  For this, I believe I need to start with an empty Kconfig/Makefile in the first patch?

No, you never need to create an empty file like that - what would the
value be?  If you are going to add the Makefile components independently
within the Qualcomm directory please remember to pay attention to
bisection.