[alsa-devel] [Patch v2 02/11] ASoC: qcom: Add device tree binding docs

Kenneth Westfield kwestfie at codeaurora.org
Thu Dec 11 09:23:55 CET 2014

On Tue, December 9, 2014 7:37 am, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 02:01:04PM -0800, Kenneth Westfield wrote:
>> From: Kenneth Westfield <kwestfie at codeaurora.org>

>> Add documentation to the sound directory of the
>> device-tree bindings for IPQ806x audio drivers.
> Please don't send multiple separate changes in a single patch.  One change per patch.

In an effort to reduce the number of patches, would it be possible to package the DT doc with its
respective driver in one patch?  Or does the DT doc need to be in a patch by itself?  I've seen
examples of both.

Also, I will combine the partial addition of each driver to its respective Kconfig/Makefile
entries.  For this, I believe I need to start with an empty Kconfig/Makefile in the first patch?

--
Kenneth Westfield
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.