[alsa-devel] How to create a proc entry for an ASoc codec?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Fri Apr 11 11:16:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

How to create a proc entry for an ASoc codec under the sound card?

We hope to create an proc entry for an I2S codec under /proc/asound/cardx, to debug the codec status at runtime.

So after the machine driver calls snd_soc_register_card(&soc_card), I calls snd_card_proc_new(soc_card .snd_card, ....)
But no codec entry is created although dmesg shows this function succeeds.

How ASoC creates the proc entries such as 'id' for the sound card?

Thanks
Mengdong