[alsa-devel] How to create a proc entry for an ASoc codec?

Liam Girdwood liam.r.girdwood at linux.intel.com
Fri Apr 11 11:28:47 CEST 2014

On Fri, 2014-04-11 at 10:16 +0100, Lin, Mengdong wrote:
> Hi,
>

> How to create a proc entry for an ASoc codec under the sound card?
>

> We hope to create an proc entry for an I2S codec
> under /proc/asound/cardx, to debug the codec status at runtime.
>

> So after the machine driver calls snd_soc_register_card(&soc_card), I
> calls snd_card_proc_new(soc_card .snd_card, ….)
>
> But no codec entry is created although dmesg shows this function
> succeeds.

> How ASoC creates the proc entries such as ‘id’ for the sound card?

You should see this :-

cat /proc/asound/card0/id
broadwellrt286

ASoC exposes sound card specific data under the sysfs entry for the
device. e.g.

ls /sys/bus/platform/devices/broadwell-audio/
Capture PCM/  driver/       modalias      Offload1/     sound/        System PCM/
Codec/        Loopback PCM/ Offload0/     power/        subsystem/    uevent

Liam