[alsa-devel] Remove depop delay for suspend and resume

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Nov 29 07:59:07 CET 2013

At Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:48:20 +0800,
Kailang wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> Intel test alc262.
> They find the suspend and resume time were > 50ms.
> So, I delete the delay for alc_eapd_shutup and alc_resume.
> If we want to have depop functions, we will follow like alc283.

Which delay value to take is pretty specific to machine.  Removing
delay will likely cause problem on other machines.

So, if we'd remove delays, do it only for tested machines, not do
blindly to all machines using the same codec chips.  The pop noise
isn't only determined by a codec chip but rather influenced by the
whole hardware analog design.

thanks,