[alsa-devel] UCM profiles taken from Ubuntu

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri May 10 15:17:51 CEST 2013

At Fri, 10 May 2013 14:51:05 +0200,
Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> When I bought Samsung ARM Chromebook few months ago I had no idea
> about UCM profiles and burnt speakers (left is dead, right is
> resting). Then I learnt, took ones from ChromeOS and added them into
> Ubuntu so other users will be a bit more safe.
>
> Later I had a discussion with some Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora developers
> about how to solve such problems and how to keep UCM profiles shared
> between distributions.
>
> Liam Girdwood pointed me to not used git tree at ALSA Project server
> and finally I reminded myself about it.
>
> The idea is to collect UCM profiles, keep them in one place and create
> alsa-ucm package in each distribution.

Would it make sense to put into alsa-lib.git?  Since UCM itself was
already integrated into alsa-lib and there are already tons of
card-based config files in alsa-lib/src/conf/*, these also fit to a
similar directory there, I think.

They could be in a separate repo, but UCM config is coupled with UCM
code, so we may keep in the single repo.

thanks,