[alsa-devel] [bug] sbawe: the PnP won't stop

David Flater vger at flaterco.com
Tue Mar 26 02:04:56 CET 2013

This problem now appears to be bigger than just sbawe or ALSA.

- The clone-and-reallocate behavior happened with the gameport too, even
  though I didn't mess with that at all.  The gameport is discovered by some
  driver as a legacy port, then later rediscovered and reallocated with
  different resources as a PnP gameport.

- The kernel parameter pnp_reserve_dma, which ought to be the right way to
  avoid getting DMA 5, doesn't do anything.

The cleanest workaround seems to be to noisapnp the kernel, use the userspace
/sbin/isapnp tool, and provide ALSA module options as for a non-PnP card.