[alsa-devel] need help for PCM constraint/rules

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Sun Mar 24 14:58:46 CET 2013

Dear developers,

I'm a newbile for this project and working for kernel land driver for
Fireworks with ALSA framework.

I need your help for constraint/rule of PCM component.

Related source is:
https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve/blob/master/fireworks/fireworks_pcm.c

My device (AudioFirePre8) changes its channels according to sampling
rate. For example:
32.0  - 48.0kHz  : 16ch: efw->channels_sets[0]
88.2  - 96.0kHz	 : 12ch: efw->channels_sets[1]
176.4 - 192.0kHz : 10ch: efw->channels_sets[2] (but not available)

The other devices such as AudioFire12 has the same number of channels
(12ch)in each sampling rate.

I managed to write this rule refering to rme9652.c but I cannot achieve
my purpose. It's my glad to get some help about this.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp

========
Fireworks is Echo Audio's series of Firewire Audio interface.
http://echoaudio.com/products/audiofire-pre8

It utilizes IEC 61883-1 and -6 in its implementation and familiar with
current snd-firewire-lib.ko.

FFADO also produce driver for it. It's a user-land implementation.
http://www.ffado.org/

My aim is writing kernel-land driver for it with ALSA framework.

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp