[alsa-devel] channel swapping issue on OMAP3/TWL4030 is back

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Fri Mar 22 10:03:54 CET 2013

> > I'm running Linux 3.7 on a beagle-xm and observe very reproducible stereo
> > channel swapping issue on playback of a stereo stream (one channel has a
> > sine, the other is zero); the channel swap occurs on starting the playback

> Always? Or in like 50% of the runs? And is the record stream (IOW: the
> clocks) already running when you switch on playback?

in 10 runs, the swap can maybe observed 3 times; so: not always

I can easily turn on/off the clock for the McBSP3/TLV320AIC3104 setup;
with McBSP3 being master I ONLY have the issue when the clock is already
running; when I start the stream first, then turn on the clock, there is
NO SWAP

I am not sure about the McBSP2/TWL4030 setup

> Maybe it's unreleated, but your report reminded me of this commit, which
> fixed a similar bug for pxa socs: 273b72c8c ("ASoC: pxa-ssp: atomically
> set stream active masks").

will have a look, thanks!

p.

--