[alsa-devel] Question about WM8904 regcache

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Fri Jul 12 13:32:25 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 06:03:16PM +0800, Bo Shen wrote:

> Do you mean the system boot up the device should be in _BIAS_OFF state?

Yes.

> I add debug info to set_bias_level function, and don't see this is
> called when system boot up. When I run aplay command, it call from
> _STANDBY to _ON, not _OFF, after show the error message, it call
> from _PREPARE to _OFF.

It's not called on boot, it's just the default state - the probe()
function is intended to leave things in _OFF.  What you describe sounds
like it's sitting in _STANDBY, you need to debug why this is happening.
I can't see anything in current code - snd_soc_register_codec() sets the
bias level to _OFF by default.