[alsa-devel] question on snd_soc_dai_link_event

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Jan 21 05:31:16 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 03:07:29PM +0100, Sebastien LEDUC wrote:

Once again, don't top post.

> I am even thinking that it could be worth creating an internal PCM
> for the  dai link that has the params field, and to call the standard
> soc functions (soc_pcm_open, ...) on it from the dai_link widget DAPM
> callback to start / stop the PCM.

> Any feedback?

I think what's important here is that any resulting code looks sane and
works well; I'm not sure that going all the way up the stack is going to
help with that as you're more likely to expose assumptions about the
calling environment but I've not paid it much concrete attention.