[alsa-devel] HDA regression on Fujitsu S7020 laptop (ALC260 codec)
jwoithe at just42.net
Sat Feb 16 12:25:05 CET 2013
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:02:49AM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > I'm now back from linux.conf.au and would like to pick up this issue. Given
> > that several weeks have elapsed since we last touched base, what would now
> > be the best tree to test to determine where we are at and what the next
> > steps should be to restoring the previous functionality for the Fujitsu
> > S7020 laptop?
> Try sound.git tree for-next branch. It already contains all stuff for
> 3.9 kernel.
I've been able to test this (snapshot as of two days ago, reports version
number 3.8.0-rc5+ via uname). As expected there have been some
Things which work:
* "Headphone Jack Mode" allows switching between "Headphone" and "Line
out". Both of these mode settings appear to work.
* There are separate "Headphone" and "Speaker" volume controls.
* The "Headphone" volume control influences the headphone jack volume.
* An "Auto-Mute Mode" control appears in alsamixer (it was missing on
* Alsamixer recognises the presence of two ADCs, giving "Capture" and
"Capture 1" controls, with corresponding "Input Source" controls.
Things which don't work or are missing:
* "Headphone Jack Mode" lacks options to enable various "mic" or "line in"
modes (all of which are possible on this system)
* The "Input source" controls don't offer the "headphone jack" as a
* The built-in speaker is completely silent under all situations I have
come up with. The setting of "Auto-Mute Mode" has no effect, neither
does a manual unmute of the "Speaker" volume control. While I don't
personally care much about this I suspect others might.
* As eluded to above, the "Auto-Mute Mode" control appears to do nothing.
* There's no "Mic Jack Mode" control to control the mode of the "mic" jack.
This jack supports line-in mode as well as the various "mic" modes which
give varying bias voltages.
Is there further information I could provide or other tests I could do to
help address the "don't work or are missing" items?
More information about the Alsa-devel