[alsa-devel] New one on board - a damn rooky :">

Rüdi ruedi at battle-eggs.de
Fri Feb 1 15:40:36 CET 2013

Hello @ all,

I'm Rüdiger from Germany. I'm no programmer, that's my biggest fault
here. But because of a "private" problem with ALSA and Intel HDA I want
to help whereever I can - at least with that special problem.

I'm running a Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 with a ALC662 rev. 1 chip on board.
The mainboard has 3 jacks at the back of the PC and 2 ones at it's front
(mic and headphones).

The problem is, that the connectors are not automatically arranged to
playback 5.1 surround sound. I must manually set the "model" to
"asusmode4" to get 5.1 and then run a script as root, to set the
backside jacks to output and to Center/LFE and rear speaker. Also I have
to mute the internal speaker.

I've tried to patch the module manually, but this went wrong somehow. I
don't know how to proceed.

So maybe you can help me and I can help you to complete the ALSA code
for this special mainboard/PC - hopefully.

So long, I would thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Rüdiger