[alsa-devel] ALSA release cycle

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:58:28 CEST 2012

On 07.09.2012 13:38, David Henningsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Plumber's we discussed the ALSA release cycle. Our releases recently
> have been irregular, and the reasoning behind why a release was done at
> that time, has not been very obvious.
>
> IIRC, we kind of leaned towards releasing every six months. I don't
> remember if there was any consensus about whether to try to align this
> cycle to something else (e g Gnome, KDE, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc), or not.

... or the kernel? At least for the kernel parts of ALSA, syncing an
ALSA version to kernel version would automatically tell us which patches
will make it into a new release. Plus, it would also be easier to
compare feature sets (something like "ALSA 1.0.26 gives us what we have
in kernel 3.6").

Would that be feasible or am I missing something?

Daniel